If you are looking for information on how to build your online business, this is for you. People love having passive income online and there is nothing wrong with it. Stay here and let’s have a look at how affiliate marketing works and what it is.
Affiliate marketing means promoting someone else’s products and getting paid commissions for it. In other words, you select products you like and promote them to the audience you target. You help people decide about product/service. Commissions depend on what people/company you partner with.
How to reach your customers
You can use a variety of different strategies on how to reach your potential costumers. That’s the best part. Depending on your approach and skills you can use one of these methods to promote the product:
- SEO (Search engine optimization)
- Record video for YouTube (Introduction videos are popular)
- email marketing (collect emails and sent newsletters)
- Social media platforms (powerful)
- Creating product reviews
- Use sales funnels
- Create marketing agencies
These are the most popular ways to do it, but only the sky is your limit. If you have your own ideas, use them and see how it goes.
This business model is so appealing to many because you do not have to own a product, neither do you have to own a store. You can start it with low or no budget at all.
Can you make a lot of money from affiliate marketing?
Affiliate income is better than 9 to 5 job. It will give the freedom to work when and where you desire.
Let’s imagine you have a commitment to become an affiliate marketer. What would be your next step? You might think of companies who offer affiliate programs.
I have great news! You might not now that, but even hugely successful companies offer affiliate programs. To name a few:
- Amazon (they offer amazon associates program, you can promote any product Amazon have)
- eBay (another giant to consider)
- ClickBank (high commissions 50-70% from sale)
- Rakuten Linkshare
That means, no matter what products you chose, there always will be the affiliate program for you.
How your affiliate partner (merchant) knows that customers came from you? Let’s look at the example:
You want to promote Amazon products, follow these steps:
- Go to Amazon associates and sign up
- Find the right product
- Click get the link
- Copy and paste the link to your article
- When someone clicks your link, you got your commission.
The same procedure is used by other merchants. The link will include your specific ID numbers, so it is easy to track it. There is nothing complicated.
Once you understand the basics of how affiliate marketing works, you can apply your own strategy.
The most common method is to build your own niche website. This used to be a job for IT specialists. Do not fear, because technologies are evolving and at this stage, web design is automated by a website hosting companies so the website is getting started automatically.
To start a website, you don’t have to be a “techie” anymore. You can build your own website in minutes!
Content is king
Content is king, it is an essential element to affiliate marketing. It defines if you will be a successful marketer or not. Your uniqueness and quality content you provide will determine how you engage with your visitors. And that is very important, because if you will find solutions to their problems you will be in business. You need to focus on value, not on sale. The money will follow once you provide value.
That is not as hard as it sounds, you don’t have to invent a new world! Instead, you take those ideas which already work and model them for you. You can do it as long as you take action and do your research. Once you start a chain of new events, things will come in place.
Promote something you are passionate about. Your passion will easily create content flow and your costumers will see that and respond to it. However, if you don’t have a passion, you can follow google trends. All information is out there, all you need to do is go there and get it. But let’s be real, everyone has a passion inside of them! See it, reach for it, use it to create a successful business.
Value is subjective, once you understand your customers, you will define their value.
SEO Tips for affiliate marketing
SEO stands for search engine optimization and this part is crucial for every digital marketer. No traffic means no business. Paid traffic (Facebook or Google ads) is expensive, not everyone can afford it and that is not smart to only rely on that. Much smarter is to generate free traffic, and that becomes possible when you learn SEO.
These are key points to optimize your site for better search engine results:
- Optimize your content with SEO plugin
- Unique content
- Use low competition keywords
- Build internal and external links with relevant sites
- Write metadata about every topic
- Share posts in social networks and forums
- Make sure SSL is on
- Maintain a good site speed
If you follow these rules, Google will increase your authority, that, therefore, will lead to constant and organic traffic. Once you are here, Bang! You are running a profitable business.
Successful affiliate quotes
- “If you don’t find a way make money in your sleep you’ll work until you die” —-Warren Buffet
- “Never write an advertisement which you wouldn’t want your family to read. You wouldn’t tell lies to your own wife. Don’t tell them to mine”—- David Ogilvy
- “People don’t care about your business, they care about their problems. Be the solution that they are looking for ” — Melanie Dodaro
- “In advertising, not to be different is virtual suicide” —Thornton Wilder
- “If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten” —Tony Robbins
- “Affiliate marketing has made businesses millions and ordinary people millionaires”—Robert Foster Benett
Affiliate marketing present great value for everyone who is brave enough to follow their dreams.
In fact, affiliate marketing is a great way to build a passive income. Therefore, it takes time to create a commission based machine. It is not for those who are not willing to put an effort or expecting a quick paycheck with no action. It is a legitimate business and you can make it if you follow simple rules.
You get paid commission based on your performance. Therefore, you need to perform well. If you are looking to build passive income, look for training, webinars, tutorials, and network.
The Best thing, it is all available now and you can start today. SiteGround is the best platform to start with.
Don’t play not to lose, instead, play to win. Build your online business right now.